Tug of War

Tug of War was so much fun!

On Monday, the 9th of October, in the afternoon, after the final break, we went to the field to play tug of war. We used my friends’ scuffs for our lines and a stick for when we started and finished the game. We used the stick to mark where we pulled the rope and where we put it back. We used a ripped sock that we found on the field to mark who won and who lost. My team’s hypothesis was that our team was going to win.

First, we set up the game on the field. Then we got set in our teams. The first games we played were girls versus boys; can you guess who won? The girls won every single round, even though the boys said that they were going to win. After girls versus boys, we did mixed teams; my team was named Up the Wahs, and the other team was named The Power. The first round was easy for our team, and we won.

Next, we were playing in the second round, and my team won again. We were pretty strong, and when we won, I did my victory dance. In the third round, we won again, and my team was super happy. I was super happy too. 

Finally, on the last round, they pulled and pulled, but we pulled even stronger. We were almost going to lose, but we pulled with all our strength and all our muscles except me because I have no muscles. Then the sock went on our side. We won the final round. People were jumping around and hugging each other, super happy because we won. It was the best feeling ever. I felt so happy. It was like I was filled with confetti and fireworks

After we finished playing tug of war, we packed up the rope for tug of war, grabbed our stuff, had a drink of water, and went inside to finish our learning. I loved playing tug of war because I haven’t played tug of war since I was 5. Maybe I was too excited because I started rolling on the floor and screaming with joy. I loved playing tug of war. 

We are a family of five, so maybe I should play it at home with my family. If I do, though, I will need to buy a big rope and enlist the help of one of my cousins. When we were playing, I heard a sound. I mistakenly believed it to be a dog, but it was actually my foot that broke after stepping on a stick. When we won, we would applaud ourselves. I wonder if I should ask my teacher if we could play again. If I do, I hope she says yes. My team is really strong. They were like boulders. (I think they were the ones who made us win.) The rope was as long as a giraffe and as thick as a tree trunk.  Tug of War is fun to play!

By: Aaliyah

5 thoughts on “Tug of War